- E-Cycle Wisconsin
- Contact information
- For information on E-Cycle Wisconsin, contact:
E-Cycle Wisconsin outreach resources
Local governments, retailers, collectors, recyclers, manufacturers and others can use the outreach materials on this page to educate their residents and customers about E-Cycle Wisconsin and Wisconsin's electronics recycling law. All materials on this page are available for free use unless otherwise noted.
How to order E-Cycle Wisconsin publications
Anyone is welcome to order free, printed copies of the E-Cycle Wisconsin publications. If you would like editable electronic versions or high-resolution files to print the publications yourself, contact DNRWAe-cycling@Wisconsin.gov. We can help you determine the best way to add your local information to these publications.
Official E-Cycle Wisconsin publications
The tri-fold E-Cycle Wisconsin brochure describes the E-Cycle Wisconsin program and provides consumers with basic information about electronics recycling. It is available in both color and grayscale (black and white) formats.
- E-Cycle Wisconsin color brochure (WA-1426)
- Hmong translation (WA-1498)
- Spanish translation (en español) (WA-1499)
The two-sided, 8.5-by-11-inch eligible electronic devices/landfill and incineration bans flier has pictures of the electronics accepted under E-Cycle Wisconsin on one side and the electronics banned from Wisconsin landfills and incinerators on the other side. The fliers are available in color or grayscale (black and white) formats.
- E-Cycle Wisconsin color flier (WA-1427)
- Hmong translation (WA-1500)
- Spanish translation (en español) (WA-1501)
The two-sided E-Cycle Wisconsin 1/3-page flier covers the basic information and most frequently asked questions about the program and recycling electronics. It can be used as an insert in bills or other mailings or in situations where you would like a smaller handout.
- E-Cycle Wisconsin 1/3-page flier (WA-1544)
- Hmong translation (WA-1549) (not yet available in print)
- Spanish translation (WA-1550) (not yet available in print)
E-Cycle Wisconsin business cards contain instructions for accessing the list of registered collection sites on the DNR's website and a list of the electronics banned from landfills and incinerators.
The E-Cycle Wisconsin customer/resident education sign may be used by electronics retailers, local governments or others that want to post information reminding customers or residents that electronics cannot be thrown away and must be recycled.
E-Cycle Wisconsin posters are 18 by 24 inches and designed for use at collection sites, in classrooms and other locations. You may order free copies printed in full color on thin, glossy paper, or contact DNRWAe-cycling@Wisconsin.gov to get the high-resolution files to print your own display version on different material.
- What happens when I e-cycle? poster (WA-1627)
- Why e-cycle? poster (WA-1628)
- "World of difference" educational poster (WA-1629)
This e-cycling infographic summarizes the problem of e-waste and results from the first four years of Wisconsin's electronics recycling law. Individual graphics are available upon request.
Other materials for displays/exhibits
E-Cycle Wisconsin has a number of other materials, including a transparent television where you can see the recyclable electronic parts, that can be displayed at a conference, festival or other event. These materials help explain the importance of recycling electronics. Contact us at DNRWAe-cycling@Wisconsin.gov if you are interested in borrowing materials or would like suggestions on putting together a display.
Below are three sets of newsletter articles that you may use to promote E-Cycle Wisconsin and explain the need to recycle electronics. These articles can be used as they are or modified to include local information. Please contact us if you would like Word versions of any article.
- Holiday season newsletter article template - long version
- Holiday season newsletter article template - short version
- Spring cleaning newsletter article template - long version
- Spring cleaning newsletter article template - short version
- General newsletter article template - long version
- General newsletter article template - short version
Graphics and photos
Graphics and photos
A number of E-Cycle Wisconsin graphics are available for use by registered collectors, recyclers and manufacturers, along with local governments and electronics retailers doing outreach. Please contact us at DNRWAe-cycling@Wisconsin.gov to obtain graphics files (including high resolution and Web-friendly formats).
The DNR also has a library of photos from electronics recycling events that may be used in outreach materials. Please contact us at the same e-mail if you need images, or would like to make yours available for others to use. To find the electronics graphics DNR used on the E-Cycle Wisconsin fliers and brochures, visit www.bigstockphotos.com.
You may also want to use general Microsoft Word or Microsoft Publisher electronics images to enhance your outreach materials.
Videos and PSAs
What happens when I e-cycle?
Ever wonder what happens to electronics after you drop them off at a collection point? This video takes you inside today's high-tech electronics recycling operations.
DNR TV ad
This DNR-produced 30-second ad first began airing in spring 2014.
This video PSA was created for the DNR by UW-Madison student Sara Matasick.
The DNR has aired radio spots in English, Spanish and Hmong to promote E-Cycle Wisconsin. If you are interested in using these, please contact DNRWAe-cycling@Wisconsin.gov.
- E-Cycle Wisconsin 2013 Spring Public Service Announcement (English) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin 2012 Holiday Public Service Announcement (English) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Fall 2011 Public Service Announcement (English) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Public Service Announcement (English) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Public Service Announcement (Spanish) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Public Service Announcement (Hmong) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Holiday Public Service Announcement (English) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Holiday Public Service Announcement (Spanish) - 30 sec
- E-Cycle Wisconsin Holiday Public Service Announcement (Hmong) - 30 sec