- Contact information
- Lindsay Haas
Natural resources educator
Air education & outreach
Public involvement is essential to the DNR's mission to protect the environment and human health through our programs and regulations. The Air Management Program has several resources to help members of the public stay informed about air quality issues and learn about opportunities to provide feedback on proposed rule changes and other efforts to improve and preserve air quality.
On this page you will find links to publications and Web resources about air quality and air pollution (including resources for teachers and kids); information on what citizens can do to improve air quality; and details on how to stay informed and involved through email lists, public hearings and advisory committees.
The following publications are available in print and/or electronic format. If an electronic version is available, there is a link to that publication for downloading. All titles are followed by the publication number for easy ordering. Email DNRAirEducation@wisconsin.gov to order.
- Air Repair brochure (AM-320)
- Air Quality Index poster (EI-7054)
- Citizen's Guide to the Air Permit Process (AM-338)
- Creating the right atmosphere: (CE-7047)
- Open Burning Quiz (CE-7021)
- Ozone and Your Health (English)
- Ozone y Su Salud (Ozone and Your Health in Spanish)
- Particle Pollution and Your Health
- Vehicle Care for Clean Air (AM-522)
Educational programs available from DNR for preschool through high school audiences. Many resources are available in print and/or electronic format. If an electronic version is available, there is a link to that publication for downloading. All titles are followed by the publication number for easy ordering. Email DNRAirEducation@wisconsin.gov to order.
- Air, Air Everywhere - Teachers use this guide to teach about the composition of air, what air pollution is, where it comes from, and what we can do about it. The ten teacher-led, hands-on activities in this guide are aimed at 3rd through 5th grades, but can be adapted for other levels. (AM-398)
- Air Defenders: The Quest for Clean Air - A community educational resource on open burning, air quality and respiratory health for teachers, health officials, and other non-formal educators. Air Defenders is an interdisciplinary, multi-media educational program organized as a kit and web site. Kids team up with the Air Defenders - Seeker, Identifyre and Recyclotron - to pursue their quest: to clean the air and protect community health. Air Defenders to the rescue! (CE-7029)
- Air Defenders coloring book
- Give Burn Barrels the Boot! - Use this guide filled with background information, activities and facts to teach children about open burning, air quality and human respiratory health. (available on-line only) (CE-7001)
- Clean Air, Healthy Children - Introduce preschool through third-grade children to the concepts of respiratory health, air quality, and caring for the environment with these in-class and take-home activities. (CE-454)
- Aire Limpio, Niños Saludables (Clean Air, Healthy Children - in Spanish) (CE-7026)
- How Lungs Work poster: front and back - This poster shows the respiratory system and how asthma affects the lungs. (EI-7023)
- Como Funcionan Los Pulmones: frente y atrás - How Lungs Work poster in Spanish. (CE-7025)
- Where's the Air? - Teachers activity guide that introduces students to the concept of atmospheric structure and the formation of ground level ozone.
- XRT - eXtraordinary Road Trip - Start your computers and let the adventure begin! XRT: eXtraordinary Road Trip is an educational computer game designed to teach players how to analyze the transportation variables affecting air quality. XRT is thought-provoking, competitive and fun edutainment for drivers of all ages.
- Education Connection - Order form for all DNR educational materials. (EI-456)
- EEK! - This electronic magazine is for kids in grades 4-8.
- EEK! Teacher Resources