- Contact information
- For information about Clean Air Month, contact:
- Lindsay Haas
May is Clean Air Month It all adds up to cleaner air
- Poetry contest
Calling all parents and teachers. Have your 3rd, 4th and 5th graders submit poems and riddles for the 2017 Air, Air Everywhere Poetry Contest.
Clean air is important to human and ecosystem health. Poor air quality can affect people of all ages, especially those sensitive to air pollution, including people with asthma or heart conditions, people who work and exercise outdoors, and older adults and children. These facts make it all the more important to understand air quality and recognize the importance of clean air.
Since the creation of the Clean Air Act in 1970, our state's air quality has continued to improve. The department works closely with industry and businesses to reduce air emissions. Individual citizens are also responsible for our state's improving air quality. Emissions from items we use regularly, such as cars, furnaces and paints, have decreased over time and are all important to the improving air quality we have measured.
- Feature video
Check out other videos on the DNR YouTube channel.
Get outside, get creative and have fun for Clean Air Month.
- Calling all parents and teachers. Have your 3rd, 4th and 5th graders submit poems and riddles for the 2017 Air, Air Everywhere Poetry Contest. This year's submission deadline is Friday, May 5, 2017.
- Do a little, save a lot! Get tips about how to save energy and improve air quality.
Visit these pages and sign up for emails related to air quality in Wisconsin.
- Current Wisconsin statewide air quality notices - The DNR uses weather forecasts and data from air monitoring sites to determine air quality in the state and notifies residents when pollutants reach unhealthy levels for sensitive groups such as asthmatics and the older adults.
- Air education and outreach - Publications and resources available for children, teachers and adults.
- Sign up for email newsletters and subscriptions - The DNR uses GovDelivery to help us more efficiently manage our communications and offer more subscription options to our customers.