- Contact information
- Tom Bauman
Water resource engineer
CAFO and CAFO WPDES permit statistics
Wisconsin is home to an increasing number of Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). The Department of Natural Resources is pleased to offer you easy access to statistics and geographical information about Wisconsin's CAFOs and the applicable Wisconsin Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (WPDES) permits.
Wisconsin CAFO WPDES permit information
- Searchable database of CAFO WPDES permittees – search, filter and download information about CAFO permitted operations by county, animal type, and geographic region.
- Wisconsin CAFO WPDES permitted operations statistics
- Wisconsin CAFO WPDES permits summary
- Map of WPDES permitted CAFOs – the points on the map are an approximation of the operation’s main farm location. Satellite operations covered under the permit are not included.
Wisconsin CAFO WPDES permits by animal type over time
Note: Beginning July 1, 2002, a single permit issued to Jennie–O Turkey Store (JTS) covered 55 of their operations. Previously, there were 17 separate permits for each of the operations with 1,000 animal units or higher. This reduction in the number of separate permits issued to JTS reduced the number of total permits issued in Wisconsin.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency CAFO and NPDES information
- CAFO rule history
- NPDES CAFO Rule Implementation Status –– National Summary, Endyear 2011, completed 12/31/11 (as reported by EPA Regions)