- Contact information
- For additional information on Richfield Dairy, contact:
- Rachel Greve
Richfield Dairy WPDES permit
Wisconsin Environmental Policy Act (WEPA) compliance and modified high capacity well approval
In December 2013 the Wisconsin Court of Appeals ruled that the record in the case does not demonstrate that the department conducted a proper inquiry into the cumulative effects of the two proposed high capacity wells sufficient to comply with WEPA (Ch. NR 150, Wis. Adm. Code). The Court of Appeals directed the Circuit Court to remand the matter to the department to consider the cumulative effects of the proposed high capacity wells in conjunction with other past, present and reasonably anticipated high capacity wells in the area. The department is awaiting further instructions from the Circuit Court.
The modified high capacity well approval, issued in March 2013, was the subject of a contested case hearing. The hearing was held on June 24-27 and December 16-20, 2013. The wastewater and high capacity well permits were approved, with modifications, by an administrative law judge on September 3, 2014.
Public input opportunity
The public has an opportunity to review and comment on a draft Environmental Impact Statement. The draft EIS addresses concerns raised in a December 2013 court decision specifically directing the department to consider the environmental effects of the two proposed Richfield Dairy high capacity wells, in conjunction with other high capacity wells in the region.
- Public hearing
- Public hearing date, time and location:
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 7:00 p.m.
Adams County Community Center
569 North Cedar Street
Adams WI 53910
- Written comments
- The department invites written comments on the draft EIS. Submit written comments to:
- Russ Anderson, DNR
3911 Fish Hatchery Rd
Fitchburg WI 53719
- Written comments must be received by Monday, November 10, 2014.
Documentation related to Richfield Dairy
- Environmental Assessment
- Notice of final determination
- Permit changes and response to comments
- High capacity well approval
- Final WPDES permit
- Supplemental Environmental Assessment Comment Response Document
- Appendix of Comments on the Supplemental Environmental Assessment
- High capacity well supplemental environmental assessment
- SSPA groundwater modeling results and evaluation