Kids ages 9 and up....get ready to...
Discovering Secrets book cover
Discovering Secrets patch
. . . . Crack the insect code, detect puzzling patterns, expose the secret identities of birds, explore the moon, untangle the mysteries of spiders, witness Wisconsin's secret wonders, find the hidden animals, and decipher plant warnings.
1. Pick up a free Wisconsin Explorer booklet at a participating state park, forest, trail, or recreation area OR download the booklet here. (.pdf, 1.5 MB)
2. Open the booklet and start exploring.
3. Complete all the requirements.
4. Follow the directions to request your patch.
1. Complete 7 to 14 of the explorations in the booklet at a park or at home.
2. Attend a nature program or take a nature hike.
3. Do something that will help wildlife or the park:
Pick up litter
4. Fill out the evaluation form with a grown-up.
Share nature discoveries
Ride your bike and walk more (see page 27 in the booklet)
Directions to request your patch (choose one method):
In person: Give your evaluation form to a park staff person at a participating property and tell him/her what you did. A copy of the form was in the middle of the WE booklet when you received it.
Online: Visit this survey page and complete the online evaluation form. The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
By mail: Download, print, complete, and mail this form , your address, and a letter or journal entry telling about your explorations to:
Wisconsin Explorers Program PR/6
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707
The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
Got a question? Check out the FAQs!