Kids ages 9 and up, get ready to...
Solve cold cases, hunt for mysterious trees, predict the weather, follow the drinking gourd, map the park, uncover lost civilizations, leave no traces, and be a geology detective!
Solving Mysteries book cover
Solving Mysteries patch
1. Pick up a free Wisconsin Explorer booklet at a participating state park, forest, trail, or recreation area OR download the booklet here. (.pdf, 1.3 MB)
2. Open the booklet and start exploring.
3. Complete all the requirements.
4. Follow the directions to request your patch.
1. Complete 7 to 14 of the explorations in the booklet at a park or at home.
2. Attend a nature program or take a nature hike.
3. Do something that will help wildlife or the park:
Do your part to leave no traces at the park (see page 22 in the booklet)
Share nature mysteries with your family or friends
4. Fill out a patch request and evaluation form with a grown-up. A copy of the form was in the middle of the WE booklet when you received it. The form is also available here to download and print.
Directions to request your patch (choose one method):
In person: Give your patch request and evaluation to a park staff person at a participating property and tell him/her what you did.
By mail: Mail the form, your address, and a letter or journal entry telling about your explorations to:
Wisconsin Explorers Program PR/6
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707
The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
Got a question? Check out the FAQs!