Kids ages 3, 4, and 5, get ready to ...
Follow footprints, be a tree detective, watch the clouds, look at the stars, play "I Spy," and find special places! You will need a caring grown-up to explore with you.
Solving Mysteries cover
Solving Mysteries patch
1. Pick up a free Wisconsin Explorer booklet at a participating state park, forest, trail, or recreation area OR download the booklet here. (.pdf, 1.MB)
2. Open the booklet and start exploring.
3. Complete all the requirements.
4.Follow the directions to request your patch.
1. Complete 5 to 10 of the explorations in the booklet at a park or at home.
2. Attend a nature program or take a nature hike.
3. Do something that will help wildlife or the park:
Pick up litter
Clean up your campsite
4. Fill out a patch request and evaluation form with a grown-up. A copy of the form was in the middle of the WE booklet when you received it. The form is also available here to download and print.
Directions to request your patch (choose one method):
In person: Give your patch request and evaluation form to a park staff person at a participating property and tell him/her what you did.
By mail: Mail the form , your address, and a letter or journal entry telling about your explorations to:
Wisconsin Explorers Program PR/6
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707
The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
Got a question? Check out the FAQs