1. Pick up a free Wisconsin Explorer booklet at a participating state park, forest, trail, or recreation area OR download the booklet here. (.pdf, 2.2 MB)
2. Open the booklet and start exploring.
3. Complete all the requirements.
4. Follow the directions to request your patch.
1. Complete 7 to 14 of the explorations in the booklet at a park or at home.
2. Attend a nature program or take a nature hike.
3. Do something that will help wildlife or the park:
Watch for milfoil (see page 20 in your booklet)
Check your green camping score (see pages 22-23 in your booklet)
Save native plants (see page 27 in the booklet)
4. Fill out the evaluation form with a grown-up.
Directions to request your patch (choose one method):
In person: Give your evaluation form to a park staff person at a participating property and tell him/her what you did. A copy of the form was in the middle of the WE booklet when you received it.
Online: Visit this
survey page and complete the online evaluation form. The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
By mail: Download, print, complete, and mail this form , your address, and a letter or journal entry telling about your explorations to:
Wisconsin Explorers Program PR/6
Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707
The patch will arrive by mail in 2-4 weeks.
Got a question? Check out the FAQs!