4-pack of fun
Wisconsin's great outdoors is always the ticket to fun with family and friends. On June 1 and 2 it gets even better -- it's free for Wisconsin residents and visitors!
- Free fishing June 1,2
- Free DNR trails June 1,2
- Free entry to state parks and forests Sunday, June 2 only
- Free ATV/UTV riding June 1,2
Where to go
Deciding where to go is half the fun. Explore outdoors!
- Fish Wisconsin's 15,000 lakes, 40,000 miles of rivers, two Great Lakes and 260 miles of the Mighty Mississippi.
- Enjoy DNRís 42 state trails
- Explore DNRís 64 state parks, forests and recreation areas
- Ride hundreds of miles of ATV and UTV trails
Itís a lot easier to enjoy the great outdoors if the kids are having fun. Here are some staff picks for keeping a smile on everybodyís face.
Adaptive equipment, accessible cabins and lists of accessible boat launches and fishing piers are just a few of the ways we're trying to open the outdoors to everyone.
Plan your Free Fun Weekend
Planning your adventure is as easy as 1-2-3 with our online tools.
- Use Explore Outdoors to select the activities you want to do and where you want to go. Or find a park, forest, recreation area or trail and then explore your options for activities.
- Decide if you want to sleep under the stars or wake up to modern conveniences.
- If you want to stay over night at a state park or forest, reserve a campsite . Entry to state parks, forests and recreation areas is free June 2 but camping and other fees apply.
- Visit www.travelwisconsin.com for other accomodations.
Try them all!
June 1-2 is the perfect weekend to try a new outdoors activity or return to one you haven't tried in a long time. Challenge yourself and try them all!
- On June 1 & 2 Wisconsin residents and visitors can fish anywhere for free in Wisconsin. No license is needed -- this includes inland trout and Great Lakes trout and salmon fishing.
- New to fishing or just need to brush up on your casting? Attend one of the free fishing clinics being hosted around the state.
- Free fishing equipment for loan at 50 state parks, DNR offices, and partner organizations.
- Fishing rules such as limits, size and species of fish that you can keep do apply during free fishing weekend.
Free Trails June 1-2
- On June 1 & 2, all state trail pass fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
- Cooperatively-run state trails also may waive fees.
State Parks Open House Day June 2
- On June 2, all state park vehicle admission sticker fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
- All state trail pass fees on all DNR-owned properties are waived.
- Cooperatively-run state trails also may waive fees on this day.
Ride free ATV/UTV weekend June 1-2
- On June 1 & 2, ATV/UTV owners can ride free; you do not need to have your machine registered in Wisconsin. Nonresident ATV/UTV owners do not need to have a trail pass on these days. Enjoy the free ride!
- All other rules apply -- safety education certification is required for all UTV and ATV operators who were born on or after Jan. 1, 1988.
- Find places to ride on the Wisconsin ATV Association website and travelwisconsin.com.
- Find organized rides and events on the Wisconsin ATV Association's Registration-Free Weekend webpage.