- Related laws
Notice of Intent/Discharge Cost-Share Grants
The DNR and the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) offer cost-share funding grants to governmental units working with owners and operators of livestock operations to meet pollution control requirements imposed by the DNR.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants are governmental units working with livestock operation owners or operators with pollution discharge concerns resulting in the issuance of a Notice of Discharge (NOD) or a Notice of Intent to Issue a Notice of Discharge (NOI) from DNR.
Eligible projects are those designed to implement best management practices (BMPs) for improving water quality impaired by pollution discharges at an animal feeding operation satisfying the conditions of the NOD or NOI.
Ineligible projects are those that address previously in-compliance facilities, were included in a previous offer of cost-sharing, cover routine maintenance and operation of BMPs, or cover a significant expansion of the livestock operation.
Completed applications can be submitted electronically continuously throughout the calendar year to the DNR district contact. Applications will be bundled and reviewed jointly by DNR and DATCP three scheduled times each calendar year:
- mid-June; and
An additional fall submittal date may be established if funds are available. Applicants will be contacted by DNR and DATCP within three weeks of each scheduled review cycle to further review submitted projects. Unfunded applications remain in consideration for up to one year.
How to apply
- Reimbursement Request for NOD/NOI
- Grant Partner Financial Data Report (Form 9300-230) - For all projects receiving Federal funds from the DNR. This is required before reimbursement from DNR is possible.
- Reimbursement Request for Agricultural Grants
Recipient forms, agreements and guides
- Final Report (Form 3400-189)
- Satisfaction of Cost Share Agreement (Form 3400-068B)
- Release of Cost Share Agreement (Form 3400-068C)
- Targeted Runoff Mgmt Cost Share Agreement (Form 3400-069)
- Targeted Runoff Mgmt Cost Share Agreement Amendment (Form 3400-069A)
- Best Management Practices