- Sign up to receive email and text alerts about the Natural Resources Board:
- Contact information
- If you have Board-related questions or would like to request information, to submit written comments, or to register to speak at a Board meeting or listening session, email or call:
- Laurie J. Ross, Board Liaison
Office of the Secretary
- The Natural Resources Board and Department of Natural Resources are committed to serving people with disabilities. If you need Board information in an alternative format, please email or call the Board Liaison.
Wisconsin Natural Resources Board
public participation guidelines
The public is welcome to attend any Natural Resources Board (NRB or Board) meeting unless it is noticed as a closed or executive session.
The Board welcomes public input. Citizens may appear at Board meetings or submit written comments about issues that come before the Board.
Public appearance guidelines
Public appearance means speaking on items that are on the current Board agenda.
- Public appearances cannot be made on the following:
- Agenda items for which the Board is asked to authorize public hearings.
- Agenda items presented for information only and on which the Board takes no action (these are typically but not always grouped under the agenda item called Information Items).
- Agenda items that the Wisconsin Legislature has requested the Board to modify.
Citizen participation guidelines
Citizen participation means speaking on items that are not on the current Board agenda.
- Citizen participation is not permitted on matters that are currently in litigation.
- Organizations are limited to one spokesperson on an issue.
- Each speaker has a maximum time limit of 5 minutes, and the Board Chair may set a time limit of 3 minutes. Please be prepared for either time limit.
- Board members may ask a speaker questions following the speaker's presentation.
- The Board encourages individuals to confine their remarks to broad general policy issues rather than the day-to-day operations of the Wisconsin DNR.
- Individuals who wish to appear before the Board on complex issues are encouraged to mail or email written comments to the Board Liaison for Board members to review before the meeting.
Written comment guidelines
If you are commenting on a current Board agenda item, please include the following information in your comment:
- Agenda item number.
- Whether or not you support the item.
If your comments are lengthy, please begin with a one-paragraph summary.
Deadline and procedures to speak or submit written comments
The deadline to register to speak at a Board meeting or to submit comments is 11 a.m. on the Friday prior to each meeting unless otherwise noted.
When scheduling an appearance or submitting a written comment, please provide the following information:
- Your name.
- Name of organization(s) you represent (if none, state that you are "representing self").
- Topic or agenda item number and whether you support or oppose it.
- City of residence.
- Phone number.
- Email or mailing address, so the Board Liaison can confirm your appearance or reply to your written comment.
Email or call the Board Liaison to schedule citizen participation and public appearances before the Board. Email or mail written comments to the Board Liaison.
Laurie J. Ross, Board Liaison
Office of the Secretary
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
Please be aware that all information you provide to the NRB in your comments, including your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number, is considered a public record and would be subject to disclosure under Wisconsin’s Open Records Law.