- Contact information
- For registration questions, contact:
- Customer Service
Nonresident Snowmobile/ATV/UTV Trail Pass
Wisconsin law requires those who use Wisconsin snowmobile, ATV or UTV trails to display either Wisconsin registration or a Nonresident Trail Pass. Funds from this program will be designated for use as trail aids and related costs to enhance all of Wisconsin's snowmobile, ATV and UTV recreation. If the snowmobile, ATV, or UTV is kept in Wisconsin it must be registered in the State of Wisconsin. Nonresident customers choosing to register their ATV or snowmobile in Wisconsin will be liable to the Department of Revenue for sales tax on the purchase of the machine.
NonResident Annual Snowmobile Trail Pass
- A Nonresident Trail Pass is required to operate a snowmobile not currently registered in Wisconsin on a snowmobile trail.
- The snowmobile must be currently registered with another jurisdiction.
- The snowmobile trail pass must be permanently affixed by its own adhesive to the bottom center portion of the snowmobile windshield. If there is no windshield, the sticker shall be displayed in a highly visible location on the front of the cowling of the snowmobile.
- The pass expires on June 30 of each year and costs $35.00.
NonResident Annual ATV or UTV Trail Pass
- A Nonresident Trail Pass is required to operate an ATV or UTV not currently registered in Wisconsin on a ATV or UTV trail.
- The trail pass must be affixed by its own adhesive in a highly visible location on the forward half of the ATV or UTV.
- Once affixed, the sticker may not be removed or transferred to another ATV or UTV.
- The pass expires on March 31 of each year and costs $35.00.
NonResident 5-Day ATV or UTV Trail Pass
5-Day nonresident trail pass available for both UTVs and ATVs. The cost of the 5-day trail pass is $20.00.