- Contact information
- For information on DNR calendars contact:
- Paul Holtan,
Season and permit deadlines
A calendar of upcoming hunting, trapping and fishing seasons and permit application deadlines.
* Indicates date remains the same each year, except some permit deadlines may be extended one day if they fall on a Sunday or Federal Holiday.
- Muskrat season in the north, south and Winnebago zones opens through March 5.
- Mink season in the north, south and Winnebago zones opens through March 5.
- Lake trout season closes on waters of Green Bay and Lake Michigan and their tributaries.*
- Deadline to purchase Lake Winnebago system sturgeon spearing licenses.*
- Wild ginseng season closes.*
- Beaver trapping season opens in the northwest zone (A), northeast zone (B) through April 30 and in the southern zone (C) through March 31.
- Otter trapping season opens in all zones and runs through April 30 in the North zone and through March 31 in the Central zone and South zone.
- Trout and salmon fishing closes on downstream section of Lake Superior tributaries that remained open after Sept. 30. (see current trout fishing regulations for stream sections).*
- Fall turkey hunting season closes in zones 6 & 7.
- Regular gun deer season open through Nov. 27.
- Duck season closes in the north zone.
- Regular gun deer season closes.
- Mourning dove season closes.*
- Muzzleloader deer season opens, through Dec. 7.
- Muskellunge season closes.*
- Turtle season closes. *
Last revised: Tuesday October 18 2016