Season and permit deadlines
A calendar of upcoming hunting, trapping and fishing seasons and permit application deadlines.
* Indicates date remains the same each year, except some permit deadlines may be extended one day if they fall on a Sunday or Federal Holiday.
- Spring turkey hunting period F
- Yellow perch season opens on Green Bay, the Fox River and other Green Bay tributaries through March 15 with a bag limit of 15. Yellow perch season on Lake Michigan opens June 15.*
- Set or bank pole and setlines can be used on specified waters in the Wolf and Fox river basins through Sept. 30. Check the current Setline, Set or Bank Pole Regulations for open waters.
- Muskellunge season opens north of State Highway 10.
June 1-2 Free Fun weekend
- Free Fishing Weekend. No license or stamps required to fish inland waters or outlying Wisconsin waters of the Great Lakes and Mississippi and St. Croix rivers. All bag and size limits and other regulations apply.
- Free ATV trails weekend. ATV/UTV owners can ride free; you do not need to have your machine registered in Wisconsin. Nonresident ATV/UTV owners do not need to have a trail pass on these days. All other rules apply -- safety education certification is required for all UTV and ATV operators who were born on or after Jan. 1, 1988.
- Free trails weekend. People participating in activities that require a state trail pass (biking, mountain biking, horseback riding, inline skating) to use state-owned and managed trails do not require a trail pass this weekend in honor of National Trails Day June 1 and Wisconsin State Park Open House Day June 2.
- State Parks Open House Day -- free admission to all state parks, forests and trails.
- Northern zone bass season goes from catch-and-release to daily bag limits. Check current regulations for bag and size limits.
- Yellow perch season opens on Lake Michigan with a bag limit of five (5).*