- Contact information
- For information on DNR calendars contact:
- Paul Holtan,
Season and permit deadlines
A calendar of upcoming hunting, trapping and fishing seasons and permit application deadlines.
* Indicates date remains the same each year, except some permit deadlines may be extended one day if they fall on a Sunday or Federal Holiday.
- Mourning dove season closes.*
- Muzzleloader deer season opens, through Dec. 7.
- Muskellunge season closes.*
- Turtle season closes. *
- Lake trout season on Lake Superior opens, through Sept. 30.*
- Southern zone duck season closes.
- Mississippi River zone duck season closes.
- Muzzleloader deer season closes.
- Bobwhite quail season closes.
- Ruffed grouse season closes in the zone B.*
- Spring turkey permit application deadline.*
- Application deadline for bear hunting kill permit.*
- Antlerless-only firearm hunt.
- Canada goose seasons close in the North Exterior Zone.
- Horicon zone Canada goose hunting periods 2 closes.
- Canada goose seasons close in the South Exterior Zone.
- Bobcat hunting and trapping season closes in Period 1.
- Period 2 hunting and trapping season for bobcat north of Hwy. 64 through Jan. 31.
- Pheasant season closes.*
- Fall turkey season extension in zones 1-5 closes.
- Hungarian partridge season closes.*
- Fisher trapping season closes.*
- Frog season closes.*
Last revised: Tuesday November 29 2016