Season and permit deadlines
A calendar of upcoming hunting, trapping and fishing seasons and permit application deadlines.
* Indicates date remains the same each year, except some permit deadlines may be extended one day if they fall on a Sunday or Federal Holiday.
April 16 – 22
- Spring turkey hunting period A
April 23 – 29
- Spring turkey hunting period B
- Early catch-and-release only trout season closes at midnight. Season is artificial bait, barbless-hook only.
- The yellow perch season closes on Lake Michigan and tributaries. The season reopens June 16.*
- Otter trapping season closes in the North zone.*
April 30 – May 6
- Spring turkey hunting period C
- Spring turkey hunting period D
- General inland waters game fish opener (trout, walleye, northern pike, bass in the southern zone). Check current Wisconsin Hook and Line Fishing Regulations pamphlet for exceptions regarding specific game species and waters.
- Catch and release only bass season opens through June 17 in the northern zone.
- Muskellunge season in waters south of State Highway 10 opens.
- Frog season opens. Runs through Dec. 31
- From Sept. 15 through the first Saturday in May, hook and line fishing is prohibited from one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise in all Lake Michigan tributaries except the Oconto River and its tributaries and the downstream portion of the Peshtigo River (see regulations for details).*
May 14 – 20
- Spring turkey hunting period E
May 21 – 27
- Spring turkey hunting period F:
- Yellow perch season opens on Green Bay, the Fox River and other Green Bay tributaries through March 15 with a bag limit of 15. Yellow perch season on Lake Michigan opens June 16.*
- Set or bank pole and setlines can be used on specified waters in the Wolf and Fox river basins through Sept. 30. Check the current Setline, Set or Bank Pole Regulations for open waters.
- Muskellunge season opens north of State Highway 10.