Go WildProtect it
With the Go Wild system, carcass tags are still required, but printed on plain paper.
- They must remain intact and legible
- Protect them from the elements by placing in a plastic bag before you hunt or fish
- Mark as indicated on the tag immediately upon recovery
- Bring along a pencil or pen to validate the tag
- For species with a paper tag such as bear, deer, sturgeon and turkey, you may keep the tag with you as long as you are with the carcass
- If you leave the carcass, secure the paper tag to it in a visible manner with string, plastic ties, etc.
- For limited-draw species with a durable tag such as bobcat, fisher and otter, attach the carcass tag immediately
- Register by the deadline at gamereg.wi.gov or 1-844-426-3734 (1-844-GAME-REG)
- Write the confirmation number on the tag
- Keep the tag with the confirmation number with the meat until consumed
Printing and replacing carcass tags
You will receive the plain paper licenses and carcass tags at the point of sale when purchasing from a Go Wild agent or you may print them yourself if you purchase them online.
If you lose your plain paper carcass tag, simply access your Go Wild account online and reprint yourself. Reprints are also available at Go Wild agents for a $2 fee. For limited-draw species with durable tags such as bobcat, fisher and otter, replacement tags must be obtained through the department by calling 1-888-936-7463.
No person may possess more than one copy of a unique carcass tag while afield or on the water. Once an animal has been harvested under the authority of a unique carcass tag, reprints of that unique tag are considered filled. Once a carcass tag has been used to register an animal, that carcass tag will no longer be available to reprint.