Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV) Trail Aids
Counties, towns, cities, villages and tribes can apply for funds to maintenance of trails, minor development, gates, and signing. This is a companion program to the ATV Trail Aids Program.
Counties, towns, cities, villages and tribes can apply for UTV Trail Aids.
Eligibility, Funding & Distributing
- A project to improve or maintain all-terrain vehicle trails for use by utility terrain vehicles is eligible.
- The maximum amount allowed for aid is $100 per mile for all-terrain vehicle trails that also allow UTVs and are maintained not less than 3 months per year including the months of June, July, and August.
- If the requests for aid exceed the funds available, the department shall distribute funds to qualified applicants on a proportional basis.
Any costs incurred PRIOR to receipt of a grant are not reimbursable and MAY jeopardize your entire grant.
Utility Terrain Vehicle Trail Aids
Applications are due in the regional offices by April 15 for the following season.
How to apply
Contact your DNR Community Service Specialist before applying to discuss your potential project.
Guides and information
- Summary of senate bill 354 - Permanent UTV Legislation
- The UTV guidance materials are currently being developed.
- Creating conservation easements
- Accessibility Guidance for Grant Funded Projects (CF-031)
ATV/UTV equipment and labor rates
- ORV Council Equipment and Labor Rates 2012-21013 Season
- DOT Equipment Rates - Numeric
- DOT Equipment Rates - Standard