- Related links
County Forest Sustainable Grant
Counties with lands enrolled in the County Forest Law are eligible to apply for grants to be used for special, short term or unanticipated projects that promote sustainable forestry. Projects cannot include land acquisition, surveying, paying of permanent staff or upgrades to existing computer software or hardware.
Who can apply
Eligible projects should be short-term or unanticipated efforts that promote sustainable forestry.
- land acquisition
- paying of permanent staff
- upgrades to existing computer software or hardware
- 1st preference - Storm-related projects or hiring of temporary staff to address short-term workload projects.
- 2nd preference - All other eligible projects.
Awarded on a fiscal year basis with two application periods.
- August 15 for first round
- December 1 for second round
At least 25 percent of available funding shall be retained for 2nd round applications.
How to apply
- County Forestry committee approval - Minutes or Committee resolution
- Project Specifications - maps, short narrative, estimated cost breakdown
- Signature and approval of specifications by DNR Liaison forester and County Forest administrator
These materials must be submitted to:
DNR County Forester - FR/4
101 S Webster St
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707
- Contact information
- For more information, contact:
- Joe Schwantes
County Forest Specialist