- Contact information
- If you are interested in getting involved with the Conservation Congress or have a specific question about the Conservation Congress, contact:
- Kari Lee-Zimmermann
Conservation Congress Liaison
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
DNR spring wildlife & fisheries proposed rules hearing and annual Conservation Congress county meeting
On Monday, April 14, there will be 72 public hearings, one in each county beginning at 7:00 p.m. where individuals interested in natural resources management have an opportunity to provide their input by non-binding vote and testimony to the Department of Natural Resources, Natural Resources Board and the Conservation Congress on proposed rule changes and advisory questions relating to fish and wildlife management in Wisconsin. In addition, DNR Wildlife Management staff will provide a brief overview of the status of the deer herd and some upcoming changes to the deer season that are a result of the implementation of the Deer Trustee Report.
County residents have the option to run for election to the Conservation Congress and to elect delegates from their county to represent their county views regarding natural resources on the Conservation Congress. Also, individuals have the opportunity to bring forth new conservation issues of a statewide nature to the attention of the Conservation Congress through the citizen resolution process.
- 2013 Statewide Spring Hearing results
- 2013 Spring Hearing results by county
- 2013 Citizen resolution results
- 2013 Spring Hearing questionnaire
- 2013 Hearing locations
- 2013 Proposed changes to fisheries rule language
- 2013 Proposed changes to wildlife rule language
Questions 88 & 89 - Due to federal regulations, these proposed changes would not be applicable to youth waterfowl hunts.
Question 98 - The question should read "Do you support changing the daily bag and size limit on northern pike in the Winnebago System from a daily bag limit of two and a minimum size limit of 26 inches to a bag limit of two but only one may be
less MORE than 26 inches?"
* Note: Green County hearing address has been corrected (4/8/13)
* Note: Barron County hearing address has been corrected (2/14/13)
- 2012 Statewide spring hearing results
- 2012 Spring hearing results by county
- 2012 County resolution results
- 2012 Questionnaire
- 2011 Statewide spring hearing results
- 2011 Spring hearing results by county
- 2011 County resolution results
- 2011 Questionnaire
Correction: There is an error in the background of NRB advisory question #46 in the spring hearing questionnaire. The second paragraph, fourth sentence should read: The Natural Resources Board feels banning baiting and feeding in counties where it is currently allowed will encourage deer movement during shooting hours and result in a more even distribution of deer available to hunters on both public and private lands.
Please Note: The proposed changes to the rule language for the DNR's fish and wildlife questions were not printed in the back of the 2011 spring hearing questionnaires. The proposed rule language can be viewed using the following links.
For your information
- How to write a resolution
- Resolution template [fillable Word document]
- WCC resolution process
- WCC election process
- First time guidelines - English
- First time guidelines - Hmong
- First time guidelines - Spanish