- Contact information
- If you are interested in getting involved with the Conservation Congress or have a specific question about the Conservation Congress, contact:
- Kari Lee-Zimmermann
Conservation Congress Liaison
PO Box 7921
Madison WI 53707-7921
DNR spring wildlife & fisheries proposed rules hearing and annual Conservation Congress county meeting
Over 4,600 people attended the 2015 Spring Fish and Wildlife Rules Hearings and Wisconsin Conservation Congress county meetings that were held Monday, April 13. The public hearings, held simultaneously in all 72 counties, allowed citizens to comment and provide their input on proposed fish and wildlife rule changes, Conservation Congress advisory questions, and submit resolutions for changes they would like to see in the future.
- Statewide Spring Hearing results
- Spring Hearing results by county
- 2015 Citizen resolution results
- 2015 Spring Hearing questionnaire
- 2015 Hearing locations
- 2015 Hearing flyer
- 2015 Proposed changes to wildlife rule language
- 2015 Proposed changes to fisheries rule language and attached table (Sec. 8, NR 20.20)
- Additional Information on 2015 trout and panfish regulation package proposals
- 9 minute video on trout and panfish proposals
* Note: Trempealeau County hearing venue has changed (02/13/15)
* Note: Click on the slide show tab and then choose to start the presentation from beginning to view the video.
The Spring Hearing rule proposals (FH-14-14 and WM-01-15) may be reviewed and comments made at https://health.wisconsin.gov/admrules/public/Home or through the department's website at http://dnr.wi.gov/news/input/proposedrules.html no later than April 13, 2015. Written comments whether submitted electronically or by U.S. mail will be summarized for the Natural Resources Board, however, they will not be tallied along with the votes received at the county hearings.
- 2013 Statewide Spring Hearing results
- 2013 Spring Hearing results by county
- 2013 Citizen resolution results
- 2013 Spring Hearing questionnaire
- 2013 Hearing locations
- 2013 Proposed changes to fisheries rule language
- 2013 Proposed changes to wildlife rule language
Questions 88 & 89 - Due to federal regulations, these proposed changes would not be applicable to youth waterfowl hunts.
Question 98 - The question should read "Do you support changing the daily bag and size limit on northern pike in the Winnebago System from a daily bag limit of two and a minimum size limit of 26 inches to a bag limit of two but only one may be
less MORE than 26 inches?"
* Note: Green County hearing address has been corrected (4/8/13)
* Note: Barron County hearing address has been corrected (2/14/13)
- 2012 Statewide spring hearing results
- 2012 Spring hearing results by county
- 2012 County resolution results
- 2012 Questionnaire
- 2011 Statewide spring hearing results
- 2011 Spring hearing results by county
- 2011 County resolution results
- 2011 Questionnaire
Correction: There is an error in the background of NRB advisory question #46 in the spring hearing questionnaire. The second paragraph, fourth sentence should read: The Natural Resources Board feels banning baiting and feeding in counties where it is currently allowed will encourage deer movement during shooting hours and result in a more even distribution of deer available to hunters on both public and private lands.
Please Note: The proposed changes to the rule language for the DNR's fish and wildlife questions were not printed in the back of the 2011 spring hearing questionnaires. The proposed rule language can be viewed using the following links.
For your information
- How to write a resolution
- Resolution template [Word]
- WCC resolution process
- WCC election process
- First time guidelines - English
- First time guidelines - Hmong
- First time guidelines - Spanish